Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Got an Apartment

Hey, did you know this blog was a monthly? Well, so far. Let's try to fix that, though.
First of all, I got a place. This will help with updates because said place has internet access, unlike my friend's apartment where I was staying before. It's a lot like a nice-ish hotel room. Got a bathroom en suite and a shared kitchen. It's called a kost, which sort of means boarding house, but at least in this case there's no live-in landlord getting up in my junk like in "Thoroughly Modern Millie." At least I fucking hope not. It's right about here, if you want to keep track on the map.

But it's fine, and it's close to work, and I commute by motorcycle taxi (ojek!) which is even more fun than it sounds. We're always weaving around traffic and I'm giving the long finger to everybody we pass. Awesome. Then there's this little back road (they call them "mouse tracks" in Indonesian but I don't know how to actually say that) that we take to get to my office, and every single day I get at least one little flash where we're bearing down on a head-on delivery truck and I'm like, "welp, that's it, I'm dead. Wish I'd blogged today." But then we pass and everything's cool. Which is why you don't ever hear anything from me.

Also, in an unrelated story, I went out with some guys from work last week and we played some hilarious colonies vs. colonists pool. Mick the Australian and I were on a team against two Brits. We each won two games, but the colonists pulled off the money match. Because that's how we do. Danged Brits still owe us a round of beers, come to think of it.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! And I knew those Brits were trouble. I'm glad the slow updates were a temporary thing.

    ReplyDelete